What began in 1904 as a hunting lodge for James Clise, a Seattle banker, gradually expanded into the 28-room country manner now known as The Clise Mansion. James Clise named his estate Willowmoor Farm, and it became a working showplace farm known for breeding Morgan horses and Scottish Ayrshire cattle. Clise sold the farm in the 1920's, and it changed hands several times before being purchased by Everett lumberman U.M. Dickey in 1941. Dickey leased the farm to three men who continued the dairy operation, renaming it "Marymoor" after a daughter. In 1959 an investment firm bought the farm for development purposes but King County stepped in with a last minute offer and was able to preserve the land as a public park. Willowmoor Farm, which includes the Mansion and the adjacent Windmill, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.